Wednesday, September 12, 2012

"Be water, my friend."~Bruce Lee

“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless – like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” ~Bruce Lee

There are days when I wish I was able to flow with things more. Today is one of them. Work and life are not cooperating with my image of the day. You could say my cup overflowth with annoyances, but truthfully, I'm just having a hard time accepting that I'm not able to control every aspect of my own existence. Which is frustrating because I really want to.

I know that in the long run, a week, month, or year from now, none of this will matter any more. Especially in the long run, like a decade or century. Not that I'll be around in a century, but you get what I'm trying to say.

I was thinking about that last night actually, in 1903 the Wright Brothers flew the first plane, in 1966 man walked on the Moon, what could we achieve in another 63 years? That would make it 2029-just 17 years from now. My children will be teenagers and I will be in my late forties. That's not even halfway through my life span (if I go by family history that is). And yet it feels as if only the blink of an eye. So really, I shouldn't let myself get upset about trivial matters, I should be like water and let our world and spacetime flow around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment