Sunday, December 16, 2012

A bullet of a different kind


I reorganized my freezer last night. That might not seem very significant, but it was what I was putting away that is a bit unusual. Seeds. I store seeds in the freezer in bags designed to protect guns and ammo. I try and bag each collection of seeds in a regular ziploc first, and then place the ziplocs in the Zcorr ammo bags. The double lined bags provide excellent protection against moisture and ice crystals forming.



The Zcorr bags come in several sizes, but I like the ones aimed for holding pistols as you can get a goodly number of small seed bags and even some of the larger 4 inch bags in them.

As I was closing the freezer door I realized that these seeds really were bullets of a different kind. They will one day protect us and feed us just like real bullets would. I'm pretty sure the manufacturer wasn't thinking of storing seeds in their bags, but to me, these seeds are just as valuable and necessary at protecting the future of my family as any bullet made of copper or lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment